We are so pleased to share that we can start using our indoor visitation area, located on the front porch of Lakeside! Our residents, along with their friends and family members will be able to enjoy this safe visitation option starting on Tuesday, February 16th, 2021!
Visits can be scheduled, starting on Monday, February 15th, the same way Zoom meetings are scheduled though our LET'S VISIT page, here on our website.
We have done our best to make this area as comfortable as possible, while maintaining compliance with both CMS and IDPH recommendations. While this area is heated, please remember it is an enclosed porch so dress accordingly. For the safety of all, we have a plexiglass division down the middle. We will have guests park in the South Parking lot and enter through the South Front Porch door.
We are VERY EXCITED for you all to schedule this time, please keep in mind that the following rules will need to be followed:
1. Visits are by appointment only.
2. Persons visiting are asymptomatic and have received a wellness screen from Lakeside staff to rule out any COVID-19 related health concerns just prior to the start of their visit.
3. Resident and visitor must both wear masks.
4. The visits can last up to 30 minutes to allow time for everyone.
5. Visits will need to be scheduled 24 hrs ahead of time, not the day of the visit.
Visits will continue be scheduled as long as the COVID-19 positivity rate for Palo Alto County stays under 10%.
Even though all of us at Lakeside are VERY EXCITED to start visitations, we all have to remember that they CAN stop at any time. We do have to follow the CMS and IOWA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH guidelines.
* Visitations can be scheduled on our LET'S VISIT page OR by calling 712-852-4060 and speaking to Lakeside's Social Services Director Melissa Albrant. Due to the high response for visits, we are requesting that each family only schedule 1 visit per week. If you wish to have further connection, we ask that you continue to schedule Zoom calls.
If at all possible, please contact Melissa in the event you need to cancel or reschedule your time. This will give her time to inform other family members of an opening in the visitation schedule.
We must insist on strict adherence to the above rules due to the serious nature and rapid spread of COVID-19. Anyone who chooses not to adhere to these rules will be prohibited from future visits to protect the health and safety of others. Our residents love and miss you all very much, so please help us keep you connected in every way possible with safety as a high priority! Specifically, this means no touching or hugging. Let's stay safe, keep loving and keep moving forward!!
Thank you all for your cooperation as we continue to slowly and safely open Lakeside to visits!! With all the hope in the world and loud cheers of happiness...WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!!